JUDGING INFORMATION AND SCORING PROCEDURES
- The Beauties of America Pageant has the sole authority and discretion to select the judges’ panel.
- The Beauties of America Pageant will strive to select judges that are well qualified, professional and culturally diverse.
- Judges’ names will not be released to delegates.
- Judges are educated and informed of the Beauties of America Pageant judging procedures, expectations and processes prior to and upon arrival at the national pageant.
- Delegates are not permitted to converse with, approach or otherwise interact with any judges during the entire course of the national pageant. Delegates violating this will be disqualified with no refund. Judges are also instructed not to converse with, approach or otherwise interact with delegates during the entire course of the national pageant, other than during scheduled competitive events.
- All decisions of the judges are final.
- All tabulating at the national pageant will be conducted by a Certified Public Accountant, Finance Officer, City or County Clerk selected by Beauties of America.
- Competition divisions are:
- The judges will be given a sheet with the numbers 1 through 5. Each positions numerical value is as follows:
1 – 7 points
2 – 5 points
3 – 3 points
4 – 1 point
5 – ½ point
- In each age division and each area of competition the judges will simply write the name of the delegate in the order they feel the delegate should be ranked in each division of competition.
- The delegate in each age division with the highest combined score will be named the national titleholder in that age division.
- In the event of a tie, the higher score will prevail in the following order; Interview, Fitness, Evening Gown, Photogenic.
- In the event that this method does not resolve the tie, the judges will be given a sheet with the letter W and the numbers 1 through 4 (winner through 4th runner up). They will simply write the name of the delegates involved in the tie next to the rank they think the delegate should receive. For example, if the tie is for 4th runner up, the judges will simply write the name of the delegate they feel should be forth runner up. The contestant whose name is written the most by the judges will receive the rank.
Beauties of America Pageant® is a registered trademark of Ella White.
No. 3334241; all rights reserved.